Mervin Manufacturing home of Lib Tech, GNU, Roxy and Bent Metal is a leading designer and manufacturer of snowboarding, skiing, surfing and skateboarding products built at the world’s most environMENTAL factory by people who ride them. Mervin Manufacturing was founded by snowboarders Mike Olson and Pete Saari in 1977. In an industry where virtually every other snowboard, ski, skateboard, and surfboard company has moved production to China or offshore, Mervin is the longest running and last major board building factory in the USA. Based out of Carlsborg, Washington, between the rugged Olympic and Cascade Mountain Ranges, Mervin is a direct link between riding and manufacturing. Job purpose Provide HR support for Seattle office and Sequim manufacturing facility. Responsible for leading company-wide HR initiatives, resolving employee issues, managing staffing efforts, employee relations, and ensuring compliance with employment, safety, and compensation laws.
Duties and responsibilities
- • Lead full cycle recruiting to include attracting, screening, and selecting candidates
- • Conduct orientation and safety training for new hires
- • Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource and payroll federal and state requirements
- • Coach and counsel managers to handle employee issues that are in line with applicable laws and Mervin values
- • Conduct workplace investigations and ensure appropriate action is taken
- • Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
- • Review, approve, and audit bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls
- • Provide detailed wage and personnel changes to payroll practitioner
- • Provide administrative support for company 401k, medical, dental, vision, disability, COBRA, and workers compensation
- • Participate in annual benefit review and recommend changes if necessary
- • Maintain safety program, administer early return to work program for injured workers
- • Provides appropriate and timely training to all employees in health & safety procedures
- • Address any workplace-related health issues and accidents
- • Maintains recordkeeping of OSHA log reporting
- • Provide oversight and education to safety committee
- • Occasional travel to Seattle office (1x/month) Qualifications
- • Minimum 5 years of progressive HR experience
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or Social Sciences
- • Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, to include knowledge of Excel and skills in Human Resources Information Systems
- • Exceptional organizational and decision-making skills
- • Relationship building and interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with all levels of organization Physical Requirements
- • Typical work week is 40+ hours in office as well as on production floor.
- • Open office floorplan and casual environment.
- • Required to constantly stand and walk • Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel
- • Reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- • Occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
More info | Apply